I’ve had that song stuck in my head all day but I guess it’s fitting since we should “Give thanks with a grateful heart to the holy one because He’s given Jesus Christ His son” After all that’s what we have to be most thankful […]
Month: November 2008
Been busy busy getting my Avon stuff all set up and good to go lately. Haven’t gotten any orders yet but I guess I shouldn’t be dissapointed since I have only been doing it a few days and I know everyone is busy crazy getting ready for Thanksgiving. We’re going to end up having just us for Thanksgiving again this year. Go figure–I finally live close to my family and still can’t get together with them for holidays! Both my Dad and Bob have to work on Thanksgiving (boo hiss) so I’ll be cooking a turkey for me and Bob before he works. I do get to go see my family that weekend though and we’ll be having their Thanksgiving meal that day–so it does work out that I’ll get to celebrate with them, just not on the day. Bob will be staying here during my weekend visit since he has to work 8 hours both days.
Good news so far on the cop front. 🙂 He went in for his oral interview board and was the very first to be interviewed out of 17 total candidates. He got an 80% and was bummed out about that because he was sure it wasn’t high enough to get into the top 5–which would be the only people to move on to the next part of the hiring process. Well he got a call yesterday telling him that he had come in 6th–oh man! But–hurray–they informed him that they had decided to take the top 6 candidates! 😀 So now he has to fill out a background check application that basically lists everything from where he’s lived since he was 15 to when he last sneezed…haha. That has to be in by December 15th then we wait…the cop said that about 50% of people don’t usually pass the background check (Holy cow!) but Bob has never been in an accident (that was his fault) and never gotten a ticket–can you believe that? Good grief–I think the cops will die of joy when they see how squeaky clean his record is. Haha. Then it’ll be on to the polygraph. Now we’re both really hoping he will get this job so please keep us in your prayers! 🙂
Amber’s doing much better now. She’s pretty much over her cold–just a little runny nose still, and one of her teeth has broken through. I know we’re in for a few rough days when the other one breaks through but am enjoying her being pretty much back to her happy self. She actually slept through the entire night last night for the first time since she was 5 1/2 months old or so…YIPPEE!! Haha. Which is amazing because our lovely college age boy neighbors in 201 decided to have a huge loud obnoxious party that lasted most the night :S It’s something else sitting in your living room and hearing ppl right outside your window yelling about the other person puking all over the stairs–ICK!!!!!!!!!!!
I took a quick break from Avon tonight to put this together. I didn’t have the embellishments I wanted for this layout so I ended up figuring out how to make them myself and am pretty happy with how it turned out 😀 I just love Photoshop 🙂 If I hadn’t mentioned that before….haha 🙂
Jaimin said she tagged anyone who wanted to do this so I’ll say that’s me–haha. I’m supposed to write 6 of my quirks.
1. I like to lick Cool Ranch Doritos before I eat them. Bob thinks this is the absolutely most disgusting thing ever and goes around asking people to see if they think it’s normal that I do that.
2. Another weird eating thing–I love to crunch raw spaghetti and pretty much my favorite “snack” of all time is ice–especially the good little crunchy kind from restaurants. I’ve seriously gotten really mad at Bob for throwing his ice away when he knew I wanted to eat it–haha!
3. On of my eyelids is slightly lower than my other one. You can only notice it if you look but sometimes it shows up in pictures and looks really bad. I absolutely hate it and if I was ever to have plastic surgery to fix anything, it’d be that.
4. I like to brush my teeth using hot water and rinse with hot water
5. I wouldn’t have thought of this really as a quirk but Valerie put it as one of hers 🙂 I also absolutely hate talking on the phone most of the time!! Bob also makes fun of me because the first time I ever tried to order pizza the lady was rude and confusing and I got upset and my whole family started laughing at me so that’s pretty much traumatized me from wanting to order pizza ever again. One weird thing about this is one of my favorite jobs (the one I had in DC) was entirely based around calling ppl to set up meetings (I hated it then too) and I love talking to my mom on the phone–we talk for nearly an hour every day–but pretty much other than her and Bob I’d rather email, text, or talk to the person face to face.
6. My baby is only 8 months old and I seriously, literally, have at least a thousand photos of her. The funny thing about this too is as much as I’m obsessed with pictures is as much Bob isn’t. He think they should only be on rare “special” occasions and thinks I’m koo-koo for constantly taking, scrapping, ect. 🙂
I also tagg anyone who’d like to participate 🙂