Amber’s one year old pictures are here!!! I decided to get them taken early because I won a $25 gift certificate at MOPs from the lady who did Bob and my wedding pictures. I think they turned out adorable 🙂 Now the hard part will be deciding which ones to order!!!!! 🙂 Enter the password “Family” and scroll down through the pictures on the right till you see the one with my name. Click the “view images” on the left or you’ll just see the one. 🙂 Enjoy!!
Bob’s been gone for over 2 months now and we still haven’t heard anything!!!!! He decided this week that he was sick and tired of them not doing anything and us continuing to be separated so he decided to take matters into his own hands. He went above his bosses heads and went to an officer and explained our situation. Once they saw what he was doing and found out that we have to be out of our Laramie apartment at the end of this month his bosses said that they would get on the ball and give us a “definite answer” by Tuesday or Wednesday at latest. Well, yesterday came and went and, surprise, surprise, no definite answer!!! 😛 Stupid heads anyways. That was kinda the last straw so no matter what Bob is flying out next Wednesday. We’re going to pack up all of our stuff, put it in a storage unit in Laramie, drive back to NC with the bare necessities, and rent a furnished apartment until either the Coast Guard quits being stupid or we can pay off the moving expenses and save up money to come back and move everything. Sigh. It’ll be so nice to be with my husband again but the situation is, needless to say, less than desirable. So please pray for us. Packing with a very active one year old should prove interesting to say the least, and so far we haven’t been able to find people to help Bob carry our furniture out of the apartment. Also, please pray that I will be good about everything and not act like a spoiled brat–haha! I’m so used to having nice things and living in nice places that I’m struggling with this, plus leaving Wyoming and my family for good is going to be extremely difficult for me. So just please pray for all of us LOTS and I will do my best to be a trooper and keep a smiley face.
Since it’s been awhile since I’ve actually given an “Amber Update” I’ll go ahead and list what she’s up to these days.
- She stood up for the first time on January 16th. Hannah was in unloading the dishwasher and we heard her yelling–Come look–she’s standing up!!!! Everyone rushed in and started exclaiming, which scared Amber and she promptly sat down and looked around like “What did I do wrong!!” LoL. Since then she’s trying to climb up and stand up using all sorts of things. She’ll be walking before I know it!!!
- In the meantime she gets everywhere fast enough. I will turn my back for a second and when I look around she’ll across the house–I can’t believe how fast she can crawl. She wants to get into everything too of course.
- She jabbers constantly and will repeat what you say fairly often. She says Momma for me pretty regularly and does say Da–da but obviously since Bob’s not here I don’t think it’s referring to him yet. I think her first words are “This” and “That” she’s always pointing at stuff say “Dis” and “Dat“.
- She’s always pointing at things and loves for you to pick her up and carry her around and show her everything and tell her what she’s pointing at. It’s nice to have 4 other sets of arms so I’m not constantly having to do it!!!
- She pretends to be shy around ppl when she first sees them but she smiles at them while she hides her face on my shoulder and within a few minutes she’s completely comfortable and will go to just about anyone.
- She loves to be the center of attention and if she’s not and there are a lot of ppl in the room talking and ignoring her she’ll shriek to make everyone look at her.
- She loves to “sing” along and dance to music. She’s wiggles back and forth, head bobs, waves her arms around, and claps to it.
- She waves bye-bye really well–but usually after the ppl are gone. LoL.
- She can do sign language for “More Please” usually she leaves off the “please” part though!
- She does a lot of other things too….but that’s probably enough for now 🙂 She’s is a little ham and constantly keeps us in stitches! 🙂