As all my faithful readers know, I’m a total makeup junkie. To me one of the most important parts of makeup is having good foundation. I wear it every single day and feel naked without it. I wore it when I was a teenager to cover blemishes and now I wear it to even my skin tone out and create a great base for my other makeup. I *love* the Covergirl NatureLuxe foundation! It fit all my criteria for what a good foundation should be-it has a great texture (it even smells good!), great coverage, I can’t tell I’m wearing it once it’s on, and it doesn’t show up on my face (hate that “foundation” look!) The lip balm is *amazing* as well! I normally wear lip balm, and then apply my lip gloss/lipstick on top of it since my lips get so dry, especially in Wyoming. This takes that extra step out of the way for me, and the amount of color it gives is *perfect* as I like to have a little on my lips but mostly play up my eyes. I love both products and will definitely be purchasing them in the future! You can find them at anywhere Covergirl is sold, and it’s thanks to being a Bzz Agent that I got hooked up with this great makeup-so huge thanks to them!
Archives for May 2011
This post brought to you by FRESCHETTA®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Imagine a white board restaurant off the main road in a laid back Carolina beach town. When you walk in the modern design and blue tile backsplash immediately catch your attention. It’s one of those ritzy places…you know, the kind where they don’t even have a children’s menu available, the chef has to come out and tell you what they’re offering that might be kid friendly today? You decide on ordering a swanky fresh baby spinach, mozzarella and sun dry tomato sandwich. It makes you feel all sorts of healthy and delectable all at the same time.
Yepp, that is the memory I had tonight, as I sat eating my yummy Freschetta Harvest Supreme Pizza tonight. It definitely did *not* taste like I’d just picked it up from the Wal*Mart frozen food section! I wasn’t sure if the combination of red onions, Italian sausage, black olives, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and more would work but it definitely does! Even my (pickiest in the world) toddler ate half of her slice without complaining! The 7 other flavors look unique but tasty as well.
The say the reason that the pizza doesn’t taste like frozen is that the FRESCH-TASTE SEAL™ Packing locks in all the flavors while at the same time using 30% less packaging than normal packages.
So whether you’re keen on reducing waste or just a yummy, easy peasy dinner, you’ll probably find something to like about the FRESCHETTA® Simply…Inspired™ line!
One Lucky Winner will receive a coupon good for a free Freschetta Simply Inspired Pizza and a Bamboo Cutting Board!
1 Entry ~ “Like” FRESCHETTA Simply Inspired on Facebook!
***This giveaway is now CLOSED congrats to hity88 who won***
Did you ever play with kaleidoscopes as a little kid? I remember having some at my great grandma’s house and we would always play with them whenever we went over and visited. There is just something fun and soothing about watching the colors switch and change as you twist them! A few years ago our county fair had a huge kaleidoscope display-Amber loved them! The website Kaleidoscopes To You is full of nostalgia inducing kaleidoscopes whether you want one for old time sake or to introduce your children to the wonder of swirling colors.
One Lucky Reader will win the Solid Woods with Paduk and other Hardwoods Teleidoscope by N & J!! (pictured above)
You can get some really awesome deals from Amazon if you know how to do it. First off you’ll want to go sign up for the Amazon Mom program if you haven’t yet (you can sign up even if you’re not a mom!) It’s free and you’ll get free 2 day shipping. The only thing you have to do to get keep the 2 day shipping is purchase $25 a month from the “baby store” I use this to get all my diapers and wipes for Tyler so I easily meet that each month-and it’s *so* much cheaper than purchasing them at any store! (even My Litter agrees with that-she’s who I normally find out about the really good stuff from–and she’s the coupon-ing queen) Here are the deals that I got today!
Today you can get a great deal on Seventh Generation Wipes! You can get them for as low as 2 cents a piece! I paid the 3 cent price so that it would be over the $25 mark I was trying to hit, still a great deal! 🙂
Here’s what you do:
- Add the Seventh Generation Baby Wipes Refills to your cart and click the “Subscribe & Save” button instead of the “Add to Cart” button ($19.47). You will receive 30% off plus FREE two-day shipping with “Subscribe & Save.”
- Once your order ships you can cancel the subscribe and save on this item. You are under no obligation to continue your subscription once your initial order ships and you can easily cancel through the “Manage” option in “Your Account.” <--don't forget to do this, one of my friends didn't realize that you had to cancel and got frustrated when they kept sending her stuff :)
I was really excited about this deal too!
Amazon also has a great deal on kids preschool books, when you buy 3 you get 1 FREE. These are perfect for Amber this summer and into fall! Here are the four I purchased:
This is what to do:
This is Lizzie–isn’t she *adorable*??!!! Not only is she adorable she’s doing something to help change the world, which is a whole lot more than I can say for most adults I know. Here’s some information from her blog Cranes 4 A Cure:
My name is Lizzie, I’m 9 years old and in the 3rd grade.
I like origami and drawing, and littlest pet shop. I love Hello Kitty too.
I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. My little sister Becca gets her finger poked sometimes to make sure her sugar level is ok. My mommy has some friends whose kids are sick with diabetes, and I wanted to do something to help, so my mommy and I came up with the Cranes 4 a Cure. I want to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. My sister is lucky, she doesn’t have diabetes, but a lot of kids do, and it isn’t fair. Anyone can get juvenile diabetes, you don’t have to have a family history. I think they need to find a cure fast so the kids who have it can be needle free, I don’t like needles.
So I guess you want to know what Cranes 4 a Cure is.
It is said that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish. Sometimes relatives or friends fold the cranes for someone who has an illness in hopes for recovery or a long life.
My goal is to raise $1,000.00. For every dollar I raise, I am going to make an origami crane and put the name of the person who sent me that dollar on the wing. Then I am going to string all the cranes together and give it to the juvenile diabetes foundation with all the money I raise. Then my wish will be to find a cure. Please help me help those kids with this bad disease. My mommy says she will take a picture of every crane I make and post it here for everyone to see. For more information, please email my mommy, her name is Jenny. A dollar isn’t a lot, but it can make a difference. I hope to get some pictures of kids you can help soon.
Anyone can spare $1—I just went and donated my dollar and hope you will right now as well! (I don’t like needles either!!!!)
I’m normally so very bad at getting these up so I figured I’d put this one up *right* away so I don’t forget to! 🙂 A great, big thank you to Confessions From Boystown for putting me at the *top* of the list 😀 (be sure to go visit her versatile blog as well!)
As with many blog awards go I’m supposed to tell you 7 things about myself and then give the blog to other versatile bloggers, so here goes!
1. I’m *not* a morning person. Not even close, not even a teeny tiny bit. And since we have come down here Amber has been getting me up at 7 a.m. every morning. Blaaaaaahhhhh.
2. The other night my sister in law and I were sitting up talking and we nearly died when a giant cockroach almost attacked us. It went running up the wall (that sucker was like 5 inches long) and then once he started crawling across the ceiling I saved the day but squirting him with bug killer, he fell to the ground and then I drowned him in about half the bottle before he died. (the next morning we found out that it had actually been a water bug, but at the time we were both quite terrified)
3. I have a very hard time answering the question, “Where are you from?” Well, I’m *from* Wyoming, all my stuff in the world is in Boston right now, but I’ve been living in Texas and am about to go and live in Wyoming. Yeah….complicated.
4. At the end of this year if all goes as planned I’ll only have 4 states in the US that I won’t have been in–Washington, Florida, Alaska, and Hawaii.
5. I’m not used to being called Mrs. Elliott even though I’ve been married for almost 6 years. Everyone just calls me by my first name, or in businesses they call me Miss Elliott (guess because I’ve been so young up to this point?) Amber’s to the age now where her friends will need to start calling me something, and I’m at a dilemma…I don’t want a 4 year old calling me Nicole….but Mrs. Elliott is my mother-in-law, haha. So far I’ve just been “Amber’s mom” and so far that works just fine.
6. Tyler just figured out how to crawl AND pulled himself up to stand for the first times all the in the same day–yesterday. Watch out world–here he comes!
7. My in-laws live in Tyler, TX and that is my sons name…and the two are total and complete coincidences!
Bloggers who I want to give this award to:
One thing that we have all loved about our trip down here to Texas is that my in-laws have a great leather recliner. Everyone fights over Papa’s chair when he’s not around! You can see Amber in it snuggled up with the “comfy cozy” as she calls it, haha!
I’ve been promising to get one of these for Bob since we got married, every man needs a good Catnapper recliner! (After all, isn’t that what Dads are supposed to do? Relax in their recliner after a long, hard day at work) My dad had one for a long time when we were growing up, and everyone always fought over it too.
Just the other day my sister-in-law Lindsey was talking about how she’d always sleep in her parent’s recliner, but that she somehow always ended up upside down in it when she did, haha! I guess that’s where she slept the night before she got married to my brother-in-law. I thought that was a funny story, will be a good one to tell their kids someday!
I’d love a glider recliner for myself! It would be perfect for babies…the “comfy cozy” of a normal recliner and the wonderful gliding motion that my babies love!
With all of the wonderful varieties of recliners out there, there is one that everyone would love to have!
Robert Pierre is a highschool senior, getting ready to graduate next week. If you watch this video you’ll see that he’s like many other high school guys, he loves hanging out with his buddies and making videos of them doing crazy stuff.
Unlike many high school seniors, however, he has got an incredible voice! I was able to get 4 of his songs off of his debut album that will be released this coming summer. He has a wonderful contemporary Christian sound and I love his lyrics! My favorite songs are Identity and You Hold Me Now <--think the latter has potential to be a big hit, it's wonderful! The best news is that you can get his songs for free to preview as well! Go here to Noise Trade and if you enter your email in they will email you a zip file of the 4 songs–really cool! Be sure to “like” him on Facebook as well. I’m really looking forward to hearing more from this young artist, and wish him the best as he graduates from high school!