I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser Healthcare Clinic Houston. #HealthcareClinic
Oh Emergency Rooms–let me count the ways! For being a super healthy family when you consider long term conditions, we’ve certainly had more than our fair share of illnesses over the years! And it always seems like many of our illnesses come at the most inopportune times–like when we’re traveling and visiting family–so even for smaller illnesses if we want to be seen we had to go to the emergency room rather than visiting our normal doctor. And let me tell you, there are few things more miserable than sitting for hours and hours and hours in an emergency room, in horrible pain, getting passed by because you have a “minor” condition. How I wish I would have had access to Healthcare Clinic Houston or one of the many Walgreen’s Healthcare Clinics in major cities across the USA. Their easy, walk in care is a much better solution for urgent but not emergency level bumps, bruises, and sicknesses!
So without further adieu here are the top 5 times, or rather the top 5 kinds of illnesses, when I was traveling or in a bind at home and could have used a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic instead of waiting for HOURS in a miserable ER! All of them are able to be treated by Healthcare Professionals at Walgreens!
1. Ear Infection — Baby and grownup style – while hubby was deployed my little guy got a nasty ear infection and we had to take him in to the ER to get it treated, sitting there in the ER, holding a crying toddler with gunk pouring out his eyes and tugging at his ears, is the perfect recipe for a miserable evening.
Just a few months later I landed in the exact same ER with an intense double ear infection that was throbbing down the side of my face–let’s just say–there’s a reason they make babies cry!!!
2. Fever–-If you’re a long time reader you’ll remember when I had to haul Tyler into the ER as a newborn for a fever that was juuust enough to have the nurse recommend we take him in to get checked, and sometimes it is important to haul new babies into the ER. However, if you’ve been with me “from the beginning” you might remember when I had to do the same with Amber when she was a toddler and that was a veeery long, very painful, and very odd experience! Once again–fussy babies with viruses that need to be checked in crowded waiting rooms full of sick people = misery. Walgreen’s Clinics can take care of little ones 18 months old and older!
3. Pink Eye — I’d never even heard of this until I was a cashier at Walmart in my high school and college days–you’d be amazed at just how filthy money is, and when you handle it and have hundreds of customers come through your line in just a few hours you get exposed to aaalll kinds of nasty germs. Once again–waiting for hours to get eye drops when you can barely see and you’re eyes are itching like crazy and you’ve been instruced NOT to rub them, uggg!
4. UTI — if you’ve never had a Urinary Tract Infection let’s just say you should hope you never will! And if you’ve had repeat ones and you know what’s going on nothing is more irritating than waiting for hours just so the they can confirm it and then write you a prescription, I’m just saying!
5. Upper Respiratory Infection –– Here’s a very important parenting tip–if your child ever acts like they’re having difficulty breathing or if they start wheezing you should get them medical attention ASAP! While sometimes respiratory infections do merit an ER trip as we found out the scary, hard way, if you catch them soon and quickly enough many times they just need a quick breathing treatment, antibiotics, or advice on how to get it back under control.
A few months ago Amber started wheezing with a nasty cold she had–I took her to the ER and they acted like I was there for no reason and it took forever and ever for them to get us into the back and be seen, all the while she got worse and worse until she actually went and threw up in the trash can just because she was having such a hard time breathing 🙁 Finally they got us back and the Dr. came in and verified my concerns and told me it was exactly right that I brought her in, and finally after a breathing treatment we were able to be on our way and immediately she perked up.
I’m so glad that Healthcare Clinics are popping up across the nation–it makes so much more sense to me to save Emergency rooms for the emergencies, and have the smaller yet painful procedures be able to be dealt with in a different location!
Have you ever needed a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic? Leave me a comment and let me know–it won’t make the past experience any less painful, but sometimes it helps to co-miserate!!!