This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Prep4Gathering #CollectiveBias
And BOOM! Just like that Halloween whizzed by in the blink of an eye and we are full-on barreling towards Thanksgiving! I absolutely adore this time of year, as Thanksgiving and Christmas are both my favorite holidays. For years when Bob was in the military, we had to spend Thanksgiving alone. But ever since moving to Texas, it’s now full of family, fun, and messes! We always spend the day with Bob’s parents, and every other year his brother and family make the trek over from the East Coast to share in the fun. This is one of their years to come, and we can’t wait to catch up with them!
This year marks a very special holiday occasion, as well. Since we just purchased our first home this summer it means that it’s the very first time we get to host everyone at OUR place for Thanksgiving. I’m SO excited to dust off my hostess hat and put all my skills and tricks to the test.
When you think of Thanksgiving, of course, the first thing that comes to mind is all the food! There is a crucial part of your hostess home, however, that you absolutely do NOT want to forget. It can really make or break a visit. What all-important room is this??? The guest bathroom, of course!
This room is sure to be used by your guests, and it’s one that you want to make absolutely sure that they’re happy and comfortable in! Guest bathrooms tend to be a wee bit overlooked in the scheme of the house, though, so I want to share with you today some great ideas and practical ways that you can take yours from ‘Blah to Fabulous’ before this Thanksgiving! Best of all, none of them are super time consuming, and they won’t break the bank either!
The first thing you need to do is take a trip to Home Depot. They are our favorite retailer for stocking up on all things Happy Home related!
I firmly believe that a clean home is a happy home, especially when it comes to the bathroom!! That’s why you’ll be spending a bit of time stocking up in the cleaning supply aisle. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glade® Apple Cinnamon 3.4oz Candle
- Glade® Apple Cinnamon Automatic Room Spray 8oz
- Pledge® 9.7oz Multisurface – Antibacterial
- Scrubbing Bubbles® 20oz Fresh Clean Scent Bathroom Cleaner
- Windex® 26oz Original Glass Cleaner
For your guest bathroom, try picking a fun and unique theme that really expresses your family’s personality! Classics like the ocean or lighthouses are always fun (that’s our master bath theme), but really let your imagination go wild and have some fun with the guest bath. We chose to go with Fantasy for ours. It’s a totally unexpected one for a bathroom that works really well and makes me smile every time I’m in there!
Now that you’re armed with all your goodies, it’s time to go home and make the magic happen! If you haven’t paid attention to your bathroom in a while, getting it guest ready can feel intimidating, even if it’s a little space. Here’s a plan that will break this project into bite-sized pieces, with some tips and tricks thrown in!
10 Minutes A Day
Even the most busiest of us can squeeze a 10-minute project into the day. Every morning or evening from now until Thanksgiving set your timer for 10 minutes. The very first thing to do is de-clutter. None of your cleaning or efforts will be any good if it’s lost in a sea of half empty products and items that don’t even belong in there. Consolidate, move items that belong somewhere else in their proper homes, and throw out any old cleaning products, medicines, or personal hygiene items. Now that you’ve cleared out all that cabinet space, it’s time to fill it back up, at least temporarily. For all the personal hygiene items you keep, tuck them away in the cabinets during your guests stay, even if you usually leave them out. This will instantly give your bathroom a de-cluttered feel, and if you have overnight guests it will give them a place to keep their items.
Once you have your bathroom totally de-cluttered, it’s time to tackle deep cleaning! Here is a list of items that you’ll want to do. Don’t get overwhelmed! Just do it for 10 minutes a day and stick with the timer. When it buzzes, you’re done! You’ll be amazed at how quickly you work when you have that buzzer on your phone motivating you!
Guest Bathroom Deep Cleaning List:
- Clean Shower & Tub Top to Bottom, Inside, and Outside using Scrubbing Bubbles® 20oz Fresh Clean Scent Bathroom Cleaner
- Many years ago I was struggling to find a bathroom cleaner I really loved. I went on Facebook (of course!) to ask for recommendations. My childhood bestie told me how much she loved Scrubbing Bubbles® to tackle the mess. I immediately bought it and have loved and used it faithfully ever since! We all know that for the cleaner, the secrets that happen in the bathroom are not so secret. Can I get an Amen, Mamas?! I love that Scrubbing Bubbles® gets that, so no matter what we’re facing, we don’t have to handle it alone!! My best tip is to follow the instructions on the back. Spray the whole area down, and then let the product sit for about 5 minutes. During that time you can tackle a different area of the bathroom and let those bubbles do their work! Once the time is done you can wipe all the grime away easily!
- Wipe down or clean shower curtain/door
- If you have a curtain rod be sure to hit the top of it and the rings.
- Thoroughly Clean Vanity using either Scrubbing Bubbles® 20oz Fresh Clean Scent Bathroom Cleaner
- Which product I choose to use on the top portion just depends on the grime level, but both work fabulously! Also, be sure to use a damp cloth to wipe down
- Clean the Mirror and any other shiny surfaces using Windex® 26oz Original Glass Cleaner
- My family has used Windex® Original Glass Cleaner for as long as I can remember. I have memories of my Mom using it to clean our house, and it’s my go-to now that I am a Mom with a home of my own, as well! It’s just so perfect for so many of the surfaces throughout our home including windows, mirrors, sealed granite and marble, glass shower doors, chrome bathroom fixtures, tile, plastic, vinyl, aluminum, and more–most of which are found in the guest bathroom!
- Sweep & Clean The Floor
- If your rugs aren’t new from Home Depot take them outside and give them a good shakedown!
- Wipe Down any mystery smudges or fingerprints from Walls, Doors, and Baseboards
- If the doors have stubborn spots you can use Pledge® 9.7oz Multisurface – Antibacterial on them
- Replace any light bulbs that are burnt out and clean those fixtures using whichever of the products listed above works best for their type
Voila! You’re almost there!! Take a minute and stand back and admire all that hard work. With these amazing products and breaking it into 10-minute chunks it didn’t feel that hard, did it?!
Now that you have a completely gorgeous and sparkling bathroom, it’s time to put the finishing touches on it! Nothing brings a smile to my face more than walking into a sweet-smelling bathroom. To make sure it stays that way, you’ll want to equip your home with a Glade® Apple Cinnamon 3.4oz Candle and also Glade® Apple Cinnamon Automatic Room Spray 8oz.
Keep these feelings going by putting Glade® Apple Cinnamon Automatic Room Spray 8oz into the bathroom. I love to keep mine in a pretty basket right on top of the toilet. That way all your guests will see and feel free to use it!
Now that your bathroom is totally guest ready, you still have a few days left until they arrive! Now just set your timer for 5 minutes each day and pop in to check everything and spot clean any little messes that come up. You’ll also want to do this daily during their visit.
If you follow this easy plan you’ll have a fabulous guest bathroom that leaves everyone smiling! Want more amazing ideas on how to be the hostess with the mostess? Check out all these great Tutorials for Thanksgiving Hosting Prep!