If you’re my Facebook friend this picture will look awfully familiar as it’s my new profile pic. I’ve gotten SO many compliments and likes on it-so thank you! 😀 Want to know my secret? Everything I’m wearing I got online!
As you know you can purchase basically anything and everything online these days-from food to mascara. However like many people I used to shy away from purchasing clothes online. Recently I’ve been purchasing clothes online with more and more success-so here are my top 10 tips for clothes shopping online!
1. Know what pieces you can and cannot buy online This might sound tricky but it’s not. For me I always have a hard time shopping for pants “in the real world” however dresses and tops I can pick out a million of with no problem. How this translates into online shopping for me is that it’s “safe” for me to pick up dresses and shirts online but I steer clear of purchasing pants that I can’t try on.
2. Measure! You can easily pick out pieces online if you’re willing to take just half a minute and double check their measurements against their chart. Just because you *think* you’re a size medium don’t make the mistake of not checking. Many places have good return policies but do you really want to go through the hassle?
3. Know your cut The next time you’re shopping or window shopping in a store take a little time to grab a bunch of different cuts of dresses or shirt to try them on. Be sure to grab ones you’ve never tried before! Once you find what looks the best on your body it will be easy to identify and buy that online. I’ve found that with my short torso and small bust I look great in dresses that have high waist lines-now I can easily look for that when dress shopping online.
4. Check for customization options Did you know that some online sites like eShakti allow you to adjust your dress so that it gives you the perfect fit? I’d never knew this before and I thought it was so awesome–all the benefits of having a tailor without the hassle of actually having to go to one-or to go anywhere!
5. Pay attention to key words and fabric type If you’re a mom words like “body hugging” or “stretchy” are probably not what you’re looking for! Be sure to pay attention to the fabric and how it hangs and how that will translate to your body-not the model’s body.
6. Don’t be afraid of color Recently my wardrobe has gotten a little towards the black side. I didn’t even realize it till my mom in law pointed out my lack of “happy” clothes. Bright, beautiful colors are very much in style right now so don’t be afraid to go for them! A good rule of thumb is to pick a color you already know looks great on you and jazz it up with a different color-as I’ve done with the teal and yellow combo on this Rosette trimmed blooms dress. I can’t wear yellow as a solid-it makes me look sick-but splashed throughout the dress it makes for a gorgeous combination!
7. Don’t be afraid of print I’ve always been one who has gravitated towards print and bold clothes but I know many people are a little intimidated by it. You can wear patterns no matter what your size-just make sure they’re a good proportion to your body type. If you’re a little gun shy try a fun pattern out on your accessories first.
8. Look for special touches As when shopping for any clothes little extras can make all the difference. One of the main things that drew me to this dress was the rosette trim on it. It fits in with the current trends-but is not so over the top that I won’t want to wear the dress a few years from now.
9. Read Reviews One of the things I love absolutely the most about buying online is that I can do my homework beforehand! Since you can’t physically touch and feel the item online doing a search to make sure others had a good experience with the company and product is a must! For example I can tell you that this dress is absolutely made of quality material and worth every penny-I know I’ll be wearing it for years! It’s easy to find reviews through many websites or just type in what you’re looking for and then “review” in Swagbucks
10. Shop the Sales After you’ve taken your measurements and done your homework be sure to watch for sales and special codes. eShakti is having a 40% off sale right now and you can use the special eShakti coupon code DA22XTT for another 10% off through July 31st. Always be sure to check cash back sites and search for special codes on blogs before buying! Also it’s a great idea to follow your favorite brands through Social Media as they often post special codes and discounts just for their followers!
I received this gorgeous dress in exchange for my honest opinion. All tips, hints, and modeling pictures are my own