***This giveaway is now CLOSED Congrats to lilyk who won***
If you’re fortunate you live some where that you can have friends or family members baby sit for you! If you’re a military spouse like I am, however, things start to get a little bit trickier! Care4hire.com was created for people just like me! Here’s a description of just what it is from the company:
Care4hire.com is an online database for families and caregivers to search babysitters, housekeepers, tutors, elder/companion care, pet sitters and other miscellaneous service. A free preview of available caregivers is available to families. Whether you need a caregiver for a few hours to a few days, you will find it at Care4hire.com. Once you are a registered member, you will be given immediate access to caregiver through email and phone.
Pretty cool huh?! They generously sent me the following guest blog, and be sure to read all the way through to find out about the giveaway they’re including as well!
Top 10 List for Hiring a Babysitter
Hiring a babysitter can be a confusing task. There are so many things to consider as you face the task of selecting someone to care for your children in your absence, and you want to find the perfect fit between the babysitter and your family. Here are some of the most important things for you to consider when selecting a new babysitter for your children.
1. The babysitter should be able to relate easily and bond well with your children while maintaining a clear distinction from them. Babysitters must be able to play with and enjoy your children (which can often be construed by the child as peer-level interaction) while also maintaining discipline. It is easy for a babysitter (and a parent) to feel more comfortable in one role or the other: to be most comfortable being friends with the children, or to be most comfortable supervising the children and redirecting their errant behaviors.
2. The babysitter must be able to relate with your family and administer discipline to your children in a manner that is appropriate and consistent with your family’s boundaries. If you have a prospective babysitter that uses social isolation (sending a child to his/her room, for example) as a method of behavior modification, and you are not comfortable with that method of behavior modification, then the prospective babysitter may not be a good fit for your family.
3. The babysitter should ideally have years of experience, solid references from prior employer-families, a clean background (pursuant to background checks), and completed training on babysitter basics (CPR, first aid, the Heimlich maneuver, basic nutrition and food preparation, and general personal and home hygiene). You can obtain background checks through Care4hire.com. The babysitter should not represent a risk to your children in any way; thus, in addition to the foregoing, the babysitter should be current on his/her vaccinations.
4. If you need your babysitter to drive, then your babysitter should have a valid driver’s license, a clean (or as close to clean as possible) driving record and a reliable car.
5. The babysitter should be able to develop and carry out fun, creative, and educational experiences for your child.
6. The babysitter should be willing and able to comply with your rules about what constitutes appropriate television viewing, when s/he may use his/her cellular telephone while babysitting, when s/he may use your telephone for his/her own purposes while babysitting, when s/he may have friends over while babysitting, etc.
7. The babysitter should be capable of handling small “crises” on his/her own. You and your babysitter should come to an agreement about what issues may warrant a call to you and what issues the babysitter is authorized to handle on his/her own. Your babysitter should be able to act comfortably within the boundaries you have provided.
8. The babysitter’s expectations regarding terms and conditions of employment should be close to the terms and conditions of employment that you are offering. If you wish to hire a babysitter in a smoking home, a non-smoking prospective babysitter may not be a good fit for your family. Pay rates for babysitters should be discussed up front to ensure that the prospective babysitters are willing to work for the income you offer.
9. The babysitter should not have fears or concerns about the non-negotiable aspects of the job with your family. If you have a cat, and your prospective babysitter is severely allergic to cats, the prospective babysitter may not be a good fit for your family. (Side note: some allergic reactions can be treated with over-the-counter or prescription medications or other accommodations that may be used by the allergic babysitter.) If the prospective babysitter is unable to work specific hours or days and you need your babysitter to attend to your children on those days or in those hours, then the prospective babysitter may not be a good fit for your family.
10. The babysitter should be a positive, loving influence in your household.
Candi Wingate, President
They are offering one lucky reader a Gift Certificate for a free membership ($34.99 retail value) to Care4hire.com; gives you 1 month to login and contact caregivers.
This giveaway is open to US residents 18 years and older only
As always be sure I have a way to get your email address so I can tell you that you won! If I don’t have an easy way to get it I will automatically choose a new winner. Also leave a separate comment for each additional entry that you do! One comment = one entry!
This must be done in order for any other entry to count
Tell me which aspect of Care4Hire.com you think you’d use
Because everyone deserves a night out or a vacation!
1 Entry each ~ Follow me through Google Friend Connect, Subscribe to my RSS feed (Ramblings For You), or subscribe to me via email (Ramblings to Your Inbox)
You only have to do one but each you do counts as an extra entry! I have lots of nice stuff, I promise! 🙂
1 Entry **Daily** Follow Me on Twitter and Tweet. You may copy/paste the following:
Win a Gift Certificate to Care4Hire.com @coastiewife321 http://tinyurl.com/yase3on ends 4/17 #giveaway Pls RT!
1 Entry for every 3 people you email about this! (As in if you email 9 people you get 3 extra entries) CC me firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Entries ~ Snag my Baby Boy Blog Shower button! You know you want to join in the fun! Leave me the url so I can come visit your blog!
1 Entry ~ Snag my regular blog button, isn’t it cute?! Leave me the url so I can come visit your blog!
3 Entries ~ Blog about this, leave me the URL to the post, you know you wanna share the love!
1 Entry ~ Do the Hokie Pokie
This Giveaway will end 4/17/10 at 10:00 p.m. EST
I will choose the winner via random.org contact them via email and post them on this blog. They have 48 hours to claim their win before a new winner is chosen.