It’s a new year and as you know I’ve been embracing it fully so far through my one word of Bless. You also know that I kicked off my “blessing” act a little early when I donated my hair to Locks of Love in November. Ever since then I’ve been trying to find a new hair care line that would be a great fit for my “new ‘do”.
Herbal Essence new Naked Collection promises to restores hair’s natural body using zero heavy residues, dyes, and parabens and the scent of grapefruit and mint was one that sounded light and refreshing. I thought it might be just what my new short locks needed, so I gladly gave all the products in the line a try-the Naked Volume shampoo, conditioner, dry shampoo, and souffle.
Great Hair for the New Year – Herbal Essences Naked Collection
After several weeks of putting them to the test, here’s the breakdown!
Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner
- I love the grapefruit and mint scent. It sounded like it could either be amazing or weird-happily it’s the first! Very light and refreshing.
- It gave my hair a pretty, natural looking shine
- My hair felt super soft in the shower after I rinsed the conditioner off
- Although my hair felt super soft while wet, as soon as I blow dried it it was no longer soft.
- If you have hair that doesn’t need any help with volume (mine is extremely thick so it normally doesn’t) the extra volume this provides can be a little “too much” at first.
Naked Volume Dry Shampoo
I’d never tried out Dry Shampoo before and I had worries of baby powderedesque grit caked onto my hair. Happily this variety isn’t like that at all! Check it out in this super quick 15 second video!
This has proved to be perfect for busy mornings when I just don’t have time to fuss but my hair is starting to feel a bit blah! When I had long hair those would be “pony tail days” but with a bob of my length I can barely pull my hair into a half-up style, let alone get it into a pony tail! I’m so happy I discovered this as a solution!
None-really! I’m so in love with this product and will definitely be purchasing it to use in the future!
Naked Volumizing Souffle
- Helps build volume without the frizz! I always need a souffle or a leave in conditioner for my hair, and this did a decent job for what I wanted/needed
- A little goes a long way! You really don’t need too much, a small dab will work for even thick hair like mine!
Again I think this product would be perfect for the hair type it was designed for-but with my coarse, thick hair it didn’t quite cut it for all my needs. Although I’ll definitely use it I’m not sure I’d purchase it again.
There’s the scoop on Herbal Essences Naked Collection–I’d definitely recommend it if you’re looking to boost your lovely locks volume and I’d recommend the dry shampoo to everyone! Here’s to great hair this year!